…Because even I don’t have the attention span to read through my novel of an about me section.
Here’s an abridged version in the form of Foodie Fun Facts:
- My name is Sarah, and I’m Chewish (that’d be a hybrid of Chinese and Jewish).
- I’m 22, a recent grad, currently funemployed and unrelentlessly trying to discover and pursue a job I’ll love–namely one that melds my passions for food, writing and wellness.
- I was born and raised in New York City–in the Brooklynest borough of ’em all–and I’m thrilled to be back after a four-year college hiatus in D.C.
- I lived in Spain for 5 months. Best experience of my life. Don’t get me started on la comida.
- Sorry about the español. But I’ve learned that I will never get over my adoration of all things Spain, and one of my main coping mechanisms comes in the form of Spanglish. I’ll do my best to keep it to a minimum.
- I’ve also been known to speak in rhyme (from time to time) and bust out the occasional acrostic poem.
- I don’t like pizza. I know, know. Blasphemous for a New Yorker.
- I’m not a dessert person, and definitely not a chocolate person, but I love cheesecake.
- I manage to eat all of these foods I claim to dislike on occasion, at which point, someone will always call me out with a “I thought you don’t like __________…” Embarrassing.
- Hate beer. Love wine. Love/hate vodka, since drinking it convinces me that it’s socially acceptable to perform the Soulja Boy in public. On multiple occasions…
- I love to run. But every time I try, some body part decides to stop working. It’s pretty annoying.
- I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. I think diets are silly.